Happy New Year!
To define 2017 for me, in one word, heuristic.
Heuristic to me is learning, experiencing, and evolving.
We had our rollercoasters. Struggling financially to provide for our family, moving from our large city to a small rural town, changing jobs, changing our lifestyle, and my husband’s strokes… What we faced was meant to break us only made us stronger. I will never forget the lessons 2017 has taught us. But I’m looking forward to 2018.
Every year, I set myself some “resolutions”. I know. Cliché. But if I don’t set goals and aim for something, I don’t grow. This year I have a few resolutions and I know I’ll succeed!!
MY FIVE 2018 RESOLUTIONS:
1. Say ‘yes’ more. No more telling my kids, “just a minute”, “not now”, or “later”, I will say “yes”! To me, these may be silly requests they want, but it means a lot to them. Their smiles and happiness is all that matters. *Memories!*
2. Let go of the need to be perfect. I will let go of needing to have everything perfect at all times. It makes me anxious and stressed. No one needs that! Instead, I will get into the mind set of allowing mistakes to happen, flaws to be present, and let go of the stress.
3. Read more books, less statuses. I catch myself most days on Facebook/Pinterest during my down time. I’m putting the phone down and picking up a book. I rather my children remember me reading a book than on Facebook or Pinterest 😜.
4. Give myself “me time”. That means I need to start taking care of myself. Make God a priority every day. Personal development. Get back to my yoga practice. Making time for myself will give me the fuel to care for everyone else.
5. Be kinder to myself. I’m always so hard on myself for how I am as a mother and a wife, having a dirty house, piles of laundry, added weight… No more. I will focus on the positive over the negative and learn to love myself again. As I am.
What are you doing to make 2018 your year?!